15 Promises of the Rosary
Today is Mama Mary’s birthday, and I thought it fitting to write about her Most Holy Rosary — a devotion that I try to keep. I commit (although I sometimes fail) to pray the rosary every night, but since it is meditative, I sometimes find myself falling asleep in the middle of praying. Now that I have a young daughter and a husband to take care of, and a household to maintain, I find it harder to keep my devotion of praying the rosary…mostly because at the end of the day, I just want to collapse in bed due to exhaustion…hihihi!
But still, I find myself picking up my rosary by the bedside table every night and making the sign of the cross to pray to Mama Mary. I guess I am one of those people who hang on to her 15 promises to those who devoutly pray the Holy Rosary. Life in itself is quite challenging, and I would surely want some heavenly aide as I go through it! Wouldn’t you?!
If you are anything like me, maybe you will find that these promises will give you comfort and hope. That when things are confusing, frightening, and over the top miserable, you can still say to yourself that everything will be alright…that Mama Mary will hold true to her promises, which are as follows:
- Whoever shall faithfully serve Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from My Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are My sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to My Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
She gave these promises to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche, who both devoted their lives to spreading the devotion of the Holy Rosary. Beside these two great men, my two favorite people have had great devotions to the Holy Rosary — Padre Pio of Petrielcina and Pope John Paul II. A lot of other remarkable people in history have also taken on the devotion to praying the Holy Rosary, and while I cannot quote all of them here, I will make mention my favorites and what they have said about the Rosary…
Pope Pius IX:
“Among all the devotions approved by the Church, none has been so favored by so many miracles as the Rosary devotion.”
Pope Pius XI:
“The Rosary is a powerful weapon to put the demons to flight and to keep oneself from sin…. If you desire peace in your hearts, in your homes, and in your country, assemble each evening to recite the Rosary. Let not even one day pass without saying it, no matter how burdened you may be with many cares and labors.” Follow that advice, and you have the assurance of St. Louis de Montfort: “If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins, you shall receive a never-fading crown of glory.”
Pope Pius XII:
“There is no surer means of calling down God’s blessings upon the family…than the recitation of the Rosary”.
Pope John Paul II:
He called theRosary his “favorite prayer”, after the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours
Sister Lucia of the Fatima Apparition:
“The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Holy Rosary. She has given this efficacy to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all, spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families, of the families of the world, or of the religious communities, or even of the life of peoples and nations that cannot be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.”
Padre Pio of Petrielcina:
When asked what legacy he wished to leave to his spiritual children, Padre Pio’s only answer was, “My child, the Rosary.”
Saint Louis de Montfort:
He wrote the book, The Secrets of the Rosary, to inspire more people to pray it.
Happy Birthday, Mama Mary! I pray that families all over the world will devoutly pray your Most Holy Rosary…and that an outpouring of heavenly blessings be granted to us all.
I love you.