Categories

Recent Posts

Archives

Links

Visits today: 24

CONTENT RIGHTS

All Content © Copyright 2008 - 2014. Some rights reserved. Do not reproduce without written permission from the author.
Creative Commons License
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

French Competence and Talent Visa

Just when I thought that the French are rather not embracing globalization, ah…they continue to surprise bystanders like me. The French Embassy in Manila is looking for 100 qualified professionals to whom they will issue Competence and Talent Visas. This particular visa is issued to professionals, who, to quote the official announcement by the French Embassy in Manila, “contribute to the intellectual, economic, scientific, cultural, humanitarian or sportive impact of France in the world, and directly or indirectly of the Philippines”. Such visa will allow you to legally work anywhere in France…what a treat! As of writing, 1 Euro is equal to 69.93 Philippine Peso. Need I say more?

Applying is easy and will not cost you a cent. Just submit a letter of intent to the French Embassy in Manila, detailing your educational and professional qualifications, your employment prospects in France, and your plans upon setting foot in their country. I personally think that it would help a lot if you make mention that you plan to study French, as language competence will help you assimilate in France. You can start by enrolling yourself at Alliance Francais de Manille, and continue studying at Alliance Francaise Paris. With your letter of intent, you are supposed to attach documents which will help establish that you are indeed a highly skilled professional. A representative of the French Embassy will call you in a week or two if you are considered for the Competence and Talent Visa. Très facile!

Now, if you plan to work and live in France up to retirement, the Competence and Talent Visa might not be suitable for you. Why? Because its validity is only up to three years, and may be renewed once for another three years. In short, it will allow you a maximum of six years stay in France, then you will have to go home. Personally, I think six years in Europe is quite a treat already. In such period of time, you would have enriched your life in more ways than you can imagine. Who knows, you might even snag a French lover in the duration of your stay. Hihihi.

For more information on the French Competence and Talent Visa, follow this link: http://www.ambafrance-ph.org/article.php3?id_article=701

Bonne chance!

Comments

Comment from Clariza Aiza Mallari
Time: September 22, 2008, 3:29 pm

Cool!

oulala!!! i will try this one someday!! 1 year after my graduation (hopefully) sana pede pa!!

thanks for this great info! Appreciated po!

Comment from monette
Time: September 23, 2008, 9:04 pm

hi aiza!

as of september 2008, there were only 10 competence and talent visa issued to filipinos. there are still 90 visas up for grabs. :)

Comment from Clariza Aiza Mallari
Time: September 25, 2008, 8:45 am

oulala.. I hope I could get one very soon… sana i can get slot pa…. Pray for me.. Hugs! :)

Comment from eunice
Time: September 25, 2008, 2:37 pm

Hi! I was planning on submitting last week but read that you’re supposed to look for a job first. They can help you with a visa but they cant help you look for a job. How’s that?

Comment from monette
Time: September 26, 2008, 8:21 am

The visa will help you a lot in securing a job. The french work permit is so elusive that employers do not want to go through the whole hassle of it all. But when they know that you already have a visa that will enable you to work legally in france, they will most likely hire you. :)

i suggest you give it a try. :)

Comment from michael
Time: September 26, 2008, 9:26 am

@eunice

I was able to talk to the head of the visa department of the French Embassy in Makati and he told me that the main purpose for the visa was for people to be able to easily find work in France. The catch though is that it expires after 3 years and you could only renew it once… afterwhich you are required to go back to the Philippines.

Good luck!

Comment from Marc Fellhauer
Time: September 26, 2008, 5:03 pm

Salut Mike & Monette.
What a great program! Did you guys apply already? Do you need an actual job offer before you apply? Anyways, hope it all works out for you and we can visit you in Paris soon :)

Comment from michael
Time: September 26, 2008, 6:58 pm

Salut Marc!

I did apply for one. A job offer is not necessary for anyone to apply. All you need to do is give them a cover letter, your resume, and copies of your diploma and transcript. If they feel that you are qualified, they’d give you a call and tell you to go back to the embassy with extra requirements and to fill up the application form.

If all things go according to plan, then you could bet that we’d invite you & Joelle to visit! :)

Comment from Timi
Time: October 27, 2008, 6:21 am

I did apply for one and now I am working in Paris. I submitted my papers on a Friday, then the following Tuesday, I got a call and I was in. The process was fast because when it was a long weekend that time and I did not wait for 8 days or so. It was actually just one day of processing for me. 3 weeks after, I was off to France.

My first day in France, I already have a job interview and the next day I got accepted. This really helps because you will get work easily without being tied down to a particular employer.

Comment from jela
Time: October 30, 2008, 3:48 pm

hi! I also qualified for the talent visa. In fact, I already have my visa. I just want to ask if there are POEA/immigration requirements? Do I still have to go through seminars?

Comment from avic
Time: February 4, 2009, 6:06 pm

thanks for all the info.goodluck!im giving it a try next week.

Comment from monette
Time: February 10, 2009, 11:13 pm

hi avic…i think the competence and talent visa was temporarily suspended by the french embassy in manila. i’m not sure why. you may want to contact the embassy first before you go there. this link may be helpful: French Embassy in Manila Contact Information

Comment from monette
Time: April 8, 2009, 8:29 pm

oh yes, poea is required. we went through that whole poea thing…and wow, they made us waste a lot of time going back and forth! i wouldn’t want to do it all over again. :(

Comment from Kimiko
Time: May 1, 2009, 2:03 am

Hello! I am curious, when you submitted your long visa application, were you required to prove that you had income or a source of income? This is something I am not quite understanding in the process.

Comment from monette
Time: May 1, 2009, 2:15 am

Hi! My husband was asked how he will support himself while in France. At that time, he already has a job offer from a company based in Paris, so the consul was appeased after he showed the job offer. I believe for those who don’t have job offers yet, you will have to show the consul that you have job interviews lined up for you when you get to France. You may show them email correspondences to prove this. :)

Comment from reine
Time: September 7, 2009, 12:48 pm

hi i was wondering if you know of a website for jobs in france where i can submit my resume online/search for available jobs in france while i am still here in the philippines? i am from the electronics/it field, i am planning to apply for this visa as well. any help would be deeply appreciated. merci..

Comment from Andrei
Time: November 11, 2009, 4:43 am

Hi Michael and Monette,

Great to have stumbled upon your blog! I’m a web developer based in Singapore and in the process of preparing my application for this visa but I’m greatly stumped! There’s the catch-22 of applying for the visa without a job offer yet and the possibility of it getting rejected by the embassy, and of applying for a job online without a visa yet and the possibility of you getting ignored by the company. What to do? It would be great to hear from your experience. If you guys have time, perhaps I can correspond with you privately over e-mail. Maraming, maraming salamat!

Comment from Chris
Time: December 3, 2009, 2:43 am

Hi Guys,

I was under the impression that you’d still have to either create a small enterprise to actually work or find an employer to hire you. As a programmer, I find it’s not too hard to get interviews. The employers just don’t want to try to hire you if you do not have the proper papers. It’s the old catch-22 situation. Please write back. I have been looking for a solution for years! I am not kidding.

Thanks,